04 Jan William P. Redwine
September 20, 1890
William P. Redwine
September 20, 1890 William P. Redwine was laid to rest in the City of Fayetteville cemetery. Redwine came to Fayetteville in 1840 from the part of Fayette County that became Campbell County (and later Fulton County). He married Mary Grace Trimble in 1847 and they had nine children. He had served in the War Between the States as a Captain in the Fayette Rifle Grays. He served as a representative to the Georgia State Legislature after the war. When the Fayette County Commissioners of Roads and Revenue was established, he was appointed to the first Board by the State Legislature. Redwine and his son Morgan bought 400 acres on Whitewater Creek, this was the start of the Redwine farm. He was elected the first Mayor of Fayetteville in January 1889.
Sources: Cemetery Records Fayette County Georgia
The Fayette County Heritage Book
The History of Fayette County 1821-1971